Tuesday 10 January 2012

practice

I had a big long post written about some things that are going on right now, but I deleted it. It didn't seem...real. That's the trouble, I'm learning, with trying to write a personal blog. On the one hand, I want to talk about what's happening in my life, what I'm learning, where I'm going. On the other hand, I want to hone my writing skills. Sometimes, being too focused on the latter means that the authenticity gets muddled in the verbiage. I get poetic or philosophical about things that don't really mean that much to me for the sake of having something meaty to write about.
So I find that I'm constantly reminding myself what I want this space to be about- my pursuit of a more natural, homemade, sustainable lifestyle and the joys and challenges of getting there, as a woman, a mother and a wife. The more I focus on that in my days, the more natural it will be to write about it. I know there will be many more blog posts that will get deleted, or who's quality of writing I'll be embarrassed about someday, but the biggest mistake you can make as a writer, or anything for that matter, is to avoid doing it because you think you're not good enough yet. Practice, practice, practice. 
Ugh, that brings back bad memories of piano lessons...

No comments:

Post a Comment